We can’t wait to see you all again. We are so excited to be opening our doors on 4th July in accordance with Government guidelines. Please accept our apologies in advance for any mishaps, whilst we get to grips with a new way of doing things.
For FAQs please scroll down.
This is our pledge to all our customers and staff to ensure their safety:
- We will take reasonable steps to follow the Government’s Covid-19 Secure Workplace Guidelines
- Every team member will be trained in new health and hygiene related procedures and their responsibility to customers and colleagues
- Rigorous cleaning will be implemented, on top of our usual day to day cleaning, and all staff will be trained accordingly
- Hand sanitiser will be required to be used by all customers and will be all at all entrances
- Tables and chairs will be cleaned thoroughly after each meal and all public places will be regularly cleaned
- There will be no bar service
- Tables will be positioned 2m apart
- We will be using outdoor tables and the garden wherever possible
- If you could book your reservation in advance via our website that would be great or if you are planning on dropping in please be aware we will need to take your details when you arrive just in case the Government need to implement track and trace
- No cash will be accepted at any of the premises
- Please adhere to the one way systems in operation
- We will not accept table booking for more than 6 unless you all live together
What we ask of our customers:
- Please adhere to social distancing: keeping your distance (2 metres apart where possible) and limiting contact with other people whilst at our premises
- Wash your hands regularly
- Please do not come if you are felling unwell in anyway or if you have been in contact with anyone who is ill or experiencing any of the Covid symptoms (including but not limited to: cough, temperature, loss of taste or smell)
- Please use cards and contactless payment methods and not cash
See you all soon. Take care. Love from Everyone at Country Creatures x
Is booking essential?
No its not but you may have to bear with us whilst we find you a suitable table especially if the pub is busy which is why we do suggest booking. Book here: The Swan, The Chequers
Will I still be able to come to the pub just for a drink?
Yes you can come to the pub for a drink but we are not doing bar service – only drinks served at tables.
Can I book a table just for drinks?
Yes you can book a table just for drinks but where people are eating we will need to prioritise tables for them.
Is there a maximum number for table bookings?
We will not accept table bookings for more than 6 unless you all live together.
What are your opening times?
New rules dictate we have to close our premises by 10pm. We have therefore brought our new food serving times into effect as of 24th September.
Monday to Thursday 12-3pm 5pm-10pm- please note- last table bookings are 8.30pm.
Friday, Saturday & Sunday 12pm to 10pm – please note last table bookings are 8.30pm.
We serve our full bar menu all day everyday additionally.
Will I have to leave my contact details when I visit?
Yes the Government has asked that all employees and all clients leave their contact details so that if there has been any contact with someone with Covid they can trace those people. You will be asked at the door for your names, emails and contact telephone numbers.
Will it be possible to pre-order?
Yes you can pre-order either by email or by phone.
Will you be limiting numbers inside and in the garden?
Yes numbers will be limited and controlled so that we adhere to Government guidelines.
Is the Swan taking room bookings?
Will you still be offering a buffet breakfast?
No. Guests will be served tea or coffee, a choice of fresh juice and 2 slices of sourdough toast, butter and jam. A full a la Carte breakfast menu will also be offered.